1. If you have a site and looking for specific help, please submit a support ticket through Site Owner Dashboard instead of creating a thread in the support forum
    Dismiss Notice

uddeIM Personal Messsages, Kunena 5 andTapatalk

Discussion in 'Kunena Discussion' started by jbrailas, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jbrailas

jbrailas New Member

I cannot send PMs using Tapatalk. I've enabled Debug in Kunena 5 and I get the following error:
    There is no user with this username: -> oriValue[0] !
    There is an error in line 27 of the file \mobiquo\mbqClass\lib\write\MbqWrEtPm.php
    "Object of class MbqValue could not be converted to string"

2. jbrailas

jbrailas New Member

I've figured it out. The problem occurs when I change "display real names" instead of usernames in Kunena 5 configuration. Tapatalk plugin cannot find username when I enable that option. Hmm...

3. moledj

moledj Administrator Staff Member

good finding. Yes the display real names always had that problem, and not easy to solve. Real names are not unique, you can have 2 users with same real name, so when writing a PM the plugin goes cracy. I will try to modify plugin to when using realnames, the methods about PM use internal ones despite of the configuration

4. jbrailas

jbrailas New Member

I think that you are right, the best approach is modifying the plugin to use usernames and the same time having the option of displaying real names. I've tried to do that but I don't know which file to edit.
    I've edited MbqBaseActCreateMessage.php and I've inserted the following code:
    $in->usernames = $database->setQuery("SELECT username FROM #__users where name = '".(array) $this->getInputParam(0)."'");

However, it doesn't work...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.