1. If you have a site and looking for specific help, please submit a support ticket through Site Owner Dashboard instead of creating a thread in the support forum
    Dismiss Notice

iOS I just got "system message: pirate version of app"

Discussion in 'Community Chat and Support' started by choddo, May 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanNL

RyanNL New Member

Same problem as choddo, 4.6.2 on N5 with Android 5.1. There's a very high chance that we're on the same forum..

choddo likes this.
  2. pelicanparts

pelicanparts New Member

Having the same issue with the plugin and this ugly Pirate Message. In addition, the Tapatalk "check screen" from within the admin page of Tapatalk.com is showing an error. I have three forums, all nearly identical. Two are working fine, one is not. Must be something amiss with this darn new plugin!

-Wayne

3. pelicanparts

pelicanparts New Member

I have some "inside" emails into Tapatalk, and I emailed the folks last night. I had all unnecessary extensions turned off. Seems they have a new requirement which was not disclosed: cURL needs to be turned on for this updated plug-in. I have turned this on, and at first glance, this seems to have fixed the problem.

mikeo and choddo like this.
  4. choddo

choddo Member

You star. Would have been nice if they'd mentioned this in the release notes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. mikeo

mikeo Super Moderator Staff Member

We would indeed like to thank Wayne for working with us to resolve this issue over recent days...

The Server Side Logic and Warning Message returned on both the console and the app side are less than desirable, the engineering team are reviewing the error message to make it more informative.

It is indeed as a result of having cURL disabled on the server in which the forum resides you are trying to access.

Please check your php.ini configuration to ensure cURL library is installed and enabled.

You may check if cURL is enabled by writing a simple php file and uploading it to your server via FTP that contains the following:

Code:
    <?php
    phpinfo();
    ?>

PLEASE REMEMBER TO DELETE THIS FILE after you have diagnosed your configuration since it reveals important server information which could be exploited / used maliciously by the wrong people.

If you encounter this issue as a traditional forum app reader and are not the forum admin; please notify your forum admin of this post to solve your issue! Thank you.

6. dancingpony

dancingpony Active Member

Hi,

A couple of our forum members just had this message appear.

We haven't made any changes in terms of plug-in updates or app updates in the last couple of months.

What would cause this message to just appear? Surely it can't be related to cURL being enabled as we haven't changed anything.

It sounds like it more likely to be a validation issue with the Tapatalk server, and the app not being able to connect. Is this possible?

Thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.